Bangalore: Red Hat and Nutanix have forged a strategic partnership in the areas of open hybrid multi-cloud solutions. The new partnership will deliver solutions for building, scaling and managing cloud-native applications on-premises and in hybrid clouds.
Both these companies through this engagement want to offer customers the flexibility and choice on the hybrid-cloud front.
The tie-up also brings engagement of technologies from both companies, enabling installation, interoperability and management of Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Nutanix Cloud Platform, including Nutanix AOS and AHV.
Key elements of the partnership include:
- Red Hat OpenShift as the preferred choice for enterprise full stack Kubernetes on Nutanix Cloud Platform. Customers looking to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Red Hat OpenShift on hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) will be able to use Nutanix cloud platform, which includes both Nutanix AOS and AHV.
- Nutanix Cloud Platform is now a preferred choice for HCI for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift. This will enable customers to deploy virtualized and containerized workloads on a hyperconverged infrastructure, building on the combined benefits of Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud technologies and Nutanix’s hyperconverged offerings.
- Nutanix AHV is now a Red Hat certified hypervisor enabling full support for RHEL and OpenShift on Nutanix Cloud Platform. The certification of the Nutanix built-in hypervisor, AHV, for RHEL and OpenShift offers enterprise customers a simplified full stack solution for their containerized and virtualized cloud-native applications. This certification delivers Red Hat customers additional choice in hypervisor deployments, especially as many organisations explore innovative, modern virtualization technologies.
- Joint engineering roadmap providing robust interoperability. Both companies will focus on delivering continuous testing of RHEL and OpenShift with Nutanix AHV to provide robust interoperability. The companies will also collaborate to deliver more timely support by aligning product roadmaps.
- More seamless support experience providing faster resolution times for joint customers. Customers will be able to contact either company with support issues. The two companies are collaborating to deliver a best-in-class support experience for the interoperability of the certified products.
Because of its distributed architecture, Nutanix’s Cloud Platform delivers an IT environment that is highly scalable and resilient, and well-suited for enterprise deployments of Red Hat OpenShift at scale. The platform also includes fully integrated unified storage, addressing many tough challenges operators routinely face in configuring and managing storage for stateful containers.
“This partnership brings together Red Hat’s industry-leading cloud native solutions with the simplicity, flexibility and resilience of the Nutanix Cloud Platform,” said Rajiv Ramaswami, President and CEO – Nutanix.
“Together, our solutions provide customers with a full-stack platform to build, scale, and manage containerized and virtualized cloud-native applications in a hybrid multi-cloud environment,” said Rajiv Ramaswami, President and CEO – Nutanix,” added Ramaswami.
“We have the vision to enable open hybrid clouds, where customers have choice and flexibility,” said Paul Cormier, President and CEO – Red Hat.
“Our partnership with Nutanix brings a leading hyperconverged offering to the open hybrid cloud, driving greater choice for our joint customers in how they deploy their containerized workloads and backed by a joint support experience,” said Paul Cormier, president and CEO, Red Hat.
Organisations around the world are deploying an increasingly diverse mix of modern and cloud-native workloads, according to Eric Sheppard, Research VP – IDC.
In Sheppard’s view this partnership, and in particular, the collaborative support agreement between the two companies is quite significant.
“It helps to bring virtualized applications and Red Hat OpenShift-based containerized workloads running on Nutanix’s Cloud Platform together. And will benefit exactly these types of organisations and help to drive increased simplicity, agility, scalability within today’s complex hybrid-cloud world,” said Eric Sheppard, Research VP – IDC.