Los Angeles, US: Liferay, Inc., which makes software that helps companies create digital experiences on web, mobile and connected devices has announced the release of Liferay Digital Experience Platform 7.1 (DXP) and new digital commerce and analytics offerings to bolster and improve the entire customer journey. The latest version of Liferay DXP, together with the new Liferay Commerce and Liferay Analytics Cloud offerings, give enterprises new ways to easily create engaging customer experiences, including a B2C-like purchasing journey for B2B customers that’s fully integrated to the end-to-end customer experience, and continuously improve them through in-depth analytics across touchpoints.
“Relationships with customers are not one-time events,” said Edwin Chung, VP – Product Management, Liferay. “That’s why the latest version of Liferay DXP and our new digital commerce and analytics offerings help businesses build long-term relationships with their customers by helping them understand customer needs and delivering timely content.”
In order to quickly meet the needs of today’s digitally savvy customers Liferay DXP 7.1 provides content delivery teams more flexibility to create the content they want. Business users are able to assemble web pages using pre-designed, reusable elements without touching code. Web developers can more conveniently support the delivery of unique, valuable content by creating these elements within Liferay’s own code editor or by using their preferred tools to import finished content directly into Liferay DXP via APIs.
Organizations may now also supplement the functionality of Liferay DXP with Liferay Analytics Cloud, a new offering that works with Liferay DXP to aggregate data into a single customer view and help business users understand customer activity. By using Liferay Analytics Cloud businesses are able to gain insights into the performance of content along with data on customer behavior and interests so that businesses can present customers with the content they need when they need it. Liferay Analytics Cloud, which is in beta, will be offered as a SaaS-based subscription for Liferay DXP customers.
For businesses looking to deliver frictionless transactional experiences for their customers, Liferay Commerce offers organizations the tools to build integrated front-end experiences and streamline the entire purchasing journey. The new offering allows business to eliminate the complexity found in many B2B transactions by providing customers with a single interface with which to view products, receive customized pricing, make purchases and reorder them with one click, and assign permissions to others in their organization. Businesses can take advantage of Liferay Commerce’s machine learning capabilities to understand customers’ purchasing history and make more informed decisions regarding inventory and warehouse management. Liferay Commerce is currently in limited release for select Liferay DXP customers.
· Personalized dynamic forms: Forms in Liferay DXP 7.1 are designed to be extremely flexible so that businesses can deliver personalized experiences specifically designed for their customer base. Conditional rules allow forms to adjust dynamically, such as showing or requiring certain fields based on responses to form fields. In addition, forms may be configured to send notifications when fields are completed. For those businesses requiring additional customization, a new API allows developers to create customized field types and rules and deploy them in Liferay.
· Flexible page creation: With Liferay DXP 7.1 teams save time and have the flexibility to create the pages they want by storing page sections as “fragments” and reusing them anywhere within their Liferay site. More technical users can use the new Fragment Editor, a professional code editor located within the browser, to create or edit fragments. Development teams may also create fragments using their preferred tools and import them into Liferay. The new Page Editor allows business users to visually lay out page designs, save them as reusable templates and easily create and add in unstructured content as needed.
· Improved mobile and cross-platform development: In order to decrease time to production, developers working with Liferay DXP 7.1 can use Apache Cordova or Xamarin to build cross-platform applications from a single codebase designed for the web and embed that content into an application for mobile use. Sites and applications designed for web can now also be rendered for mobile with no additional code.
· Commerce: Liferay Commerce is a brand new product designed to streamline B2B purchasing and delight customers. The new offering allows businesses to eliminate the complexity found in many B2B transactions by providing customers with a single interface with which to view products, receive customized pricing, make purchases and reorder them with one click, and assign permissions to others in their organization. Businesses can take advantage of Liferay Commerce’s machine learning capabilities to understand customers’ purchasing history and make more informed decisions regarding inventory and warehouse management.
· Analytics: Liferay Analytics Cloud is a new analytics tool that works with Liferay DXP to aggregate data into a comprehensive view of the customer and help business users understand customer activity. Functionality delivered in Liferay Analytics Cloud allows businesses to view individual activity history, engagement and interest, understand audience behavior over time and visualize traffic paths for easy source identification. Liferay Analytics Cloud is offered as a SaaS-based subscription for DXP customers.