Bangalore: Juniper Networks has expanded its AI-driven enterprise solution with Mist AI and Marvis. This is Juniper Networks‘ fourth expansion to its AI-driven enterprise solution.
The company has added artificial intelligence via Mist AI and virtual network assistant Marvis to networks including LAN, WLAN and WAN.
Mist AI offers end-to-end optimization of user experiences and proactive troubleshooting and the company has launched a Mist AI-backed WAN assurance service as well.
The new Mist WAN Assurance service, according to company will offer customers automation and insight in branch locations with AI-driven service level expectations, client-to-cloud event correlation for rapid fault resolution, anomaly detection and proactive support.
While Marvis is a Mist AI-backed Juniper Virtual Network Assistant (VNA) will be augmented with a new AIOps conversational interface. It claims to transform the IT experience from dashboards and reports real-time interactions with progressive drill-downs and proactive recommendations.
“At 650 Group, we are seeing an increased adoption of AI/ML in networks. As applications, users and devices increase across the network, automating tasks with AI becomes more valuable for customers who are focused on driving efficient operations,” said Chris DePuy, Technology Analyst and Co-Founder – 650 Group.
“With this announcement around Marvis Virtual Network Assistant and WAN Assurance, Juniper delivers on its commitment to extend unparalleled user experiences across the network with a common AI engine,” added DePuy.
“Mist delivered the first AI-driven network almost five years ago to address the need for self-driving networks that optimize user experiences and lower IT costs through end-to-end automation and insight,” said Sudheer Matta, VP Products -Juniper Networks.
“What started with wireless has rapidly grown to include the first AI-driven wired, security and now WAN solutions, with global customers spanning virtually all industry segments, including three of the Fortune 10,” added Matta.
While the rest of the industry is awash in AI hyperbole and unfulfilled promises, according to Matta, his company Juniper continues to deliver on the vision and solve real customer and partner needs through Mist AI.
Juniper Mist WAN Assurance brings AI-driven insights for the WAN and branch to Juniper’s already robust secure SD-WAN solution to shift the focus from network and application behavior to actual user experiences. This cloud-based service:
- Streams key telemetry data from Juniper SRX devices to the Mist AI engine in the cloud to enable customizable WAN service levels that are used to optimize user experiences
- Works in conjunction with Marvis to correlate events across the LAN, WLAN and WAN for rapid fault isolation and resolution across all domains
- Enables proactive actions as a result of anomaly detection with automated workflows, with an eye toward completely self-driving networks from client to cloud
Marvis conversational interface is an enhancement to the Juniper Mist Virtual Network Assistant that allows IT teams to get answers in real-time to natural language questions like “What was wrong with Bob’s Zoom call yesterday?” This interactive IT assistant for insight and troubleshooting:
- Deduces the intent behind the questions and provides valuable results based on its access to a large knowledge base, with interactive queries to drill down further based on suggested next steps
- Allows users to give feedback on whether Marvis answered the right question or gave the correct root cause so that it continues to learn – a key requirement for AI-driven support
- Is built using open APIs, enabling customers to integrate with IT systems and automate the network with AIOps
These two services augment the Juniper AI-Driven Enterprise to empower IT administrators to more nimbly address network, application and user issues.
For example – if a video call is not working properly at a user’s home, the Juniper solution can quickly determine if the problem resides with the client device, application, Wi-Fi network and/or WAN (e.g. internet).
Corrective actions can then be recommended and/or taken automatically to resolve the issue in real-time, often before the user is even aware of a problem. Only Juniper’s AI-Driven Enterprise solution provides this level of automation, insight and actions from client-to-cloud for superior visibility and control.