Bangalore: JFrog and Docker have formed a partnership to allow developers using Jfrog cloud with unlimited access to Docker Hub and Docker official images.
Under the tie-up, both companies will provide developers unlimited (for SaaS users), high-performance premium access to application components on Docker Hub and scale the use of containers in the enterprise.
The pact is backed with dedicated support mechanisms for mutual customers.
The Jfrog and Docker partnership integrate JFrog Artifactory – a software package management solution and Docker Hub – a largest library and community for trusted and high-quality container images.\
Developers on a weekly average make 1.5 billion image pulls on Docker Hub, which has over 8 million repositories. With JFrog Artifactory and Docker Hub integration, the developers’ community have secure and central access to public and private container images.
“We are extremely excited to provide Artifactory users a joint solution that focuses on the first-class flow of containers from the hub to the local registry,” said Shlomi Ben-Haim, Co-Founder and CEO – JFrog.
“JFrog has always prided itself on our ‘too integrated to fail’ approach with our robust, vibrant ecosystem of integration partners,” added Ben-Haim.
“The combination of Docker with JFrog Artifactory, which can scale with very large workloads, reduces friction for developers,” said Scott Johnston, CEO – Docker.
“And gives them confidence in their application components, allowing them easy onboarding to a Docker subscription and more time to focus on building great apps,” added Johnston.
SaaS subscribers of JFrog’s DevOps Platform — including those who use the free subscription offered on AWS, GCP, and Azure – will benefit from uninterrupted, high-performant access to Docker Hub and Docker Official Images through JFrog Artifactory. The partnership delivers:
- Premier access to trusted, high-quality content in Docker Hub, including Docker Official Images and content from Docker Verified Publishers.
- An industry-best developer experience for building, sharing, and delivering cloud-native applications.
- Dedicated channels to support mutual customers.
- A proven solution used by top Fortune 1000 organisations, ensuring enterprise-grade reliability and performance to meet the requirements of large organisations modernizing their applications with containers, streamlining cloud-native application delivery in the enterprise.
- A foundation for future collaboration between the companies to make developers’ journeys more joyful.