Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for multi-cloud also manages challenges linked with multi-cloud deployments by enabling SD-WAN across multiple clouds and regions.
By recent estimates, 93% of enterprises today have a multi-cloud strategy in place and work with multiple cloud providers to meet a number of business needs, including disaster recovery, data backup, application resiliency, and global coverage.
For enterprises deploying applications and workloads across multiple clouds, the need to seamlessly manage connectivity and maintain security across the diverse infrastructure is higher than ever, according to Rajesh Maurya, Regional VP – India & SAARC, Fortinet.
However, managing and securing an assortment of different private and public cloud workloads and environments remains a challenge, with many organizations choosing to connect their clouds via their on-premises data center WAN edge.
The use of this type of traditional WAN infrastructure approach, though secure, inhibits multi-cloud capabilities and results in deployment complexity, inconsistent network performance, and expensive connectivity.
The company’s Secure SD-WAN for Multi-Cloud is a new approach to establishing secure and high-performance connectivity between public cloud workloads running on multiple clouds without increasing cost and complexity.
“Fortinet Secure SD-WAN solution provide connectivity and security across diverse cloud infrastructures while optimizing application user experience,” said Maurya.
According to Maurya, Fortinet enables enterprises to realize the true potential of SD-WAN by enabling it to be implemented anywhere.
“From home, campus to cloud, data center to cloud, and now cloud to cloud, Fortinet delivers the industry’s most scalable, cost-effective and secure SD-WAN solution on the market,” added Maurya.
The new solution is available across all major cloud providers enables a consistent network architecture leveraging SD-WAN capabilities between clouds and empowers application developers and enterprise IT to build a high speed and seamless cloud-to-cloud network and security architecture.
Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for multi-cloud uniquely offers a secure and effective infrastructure for maximizing the benefits of enterprise multi-cloud deployments by:
- Automating the deployment of a consistent overlay network across different cloud networks, reducing complexity and increasing agility to save teams time and resources.
- Offers end-to-end visibility, control, and centralized management that unifies functionality across multiple cloud environments through cloud-native integrations.
- Securely transports application traffic between clouds without needing to backhaul through the data center, enabling better scaling of deployments and reducing latency.
- Intelligently selects connections based on application characteristics employing dynamic path selection, improving performance and optimizing cost by selecting the best internet or leased line link.
- Provides an application developer-friendly API to enable programmers the ability to consistently represent their network and security requirements.