New Delhi: Cybersecurity provider Sophos has expanded its next-generation firewall portfolio with two new high-end, enterprise-grade XGS Series appliances. Sophos firewall portfolio added two new XGS 7500 and 8500 models that provide unrivalled performance and protection for large enterprise and campus deployments.
“Large enterprises are under incredible pressure to support tens of thousands of users, all while protecting against complex cyberthreats and demonstrating clear return on IT infrastructure investments amidst today’s challenging economic climate,” said Daniel Cole, VP of Network Security Product Management, Sophos.
Sophos is shaking up the competitive enterprise firewall landscape with these new high-performance appliances, providing best-in-class prices per protected megabit per second (Mbps), according to Cole.
“Network performance, reliability and security are top of mind as customers grow and expand their infrastructure needs, and these platforms enable organisations to grow and scale without having to compromise on security, which is often the case in larger, more demanding environments,” added Cole.
“For our channel partners, we’re creating new opportunities to support distributed organisations needing everything from managing an office of one to the most complex environments protecting tens of thousands of distributed users,” commented Cole.
The new XGS 7500 and 8500 models deliver industry-best modular connectivity; highly scalable software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) features; trusted traffic and application acceleration; high-performance Transport Layer Security (TLS) inspection; threat protection; and enterprise-grade, high-availability and redundancy capabilities.
Featuring high-performance Xstream flow processors and central processing units (CPUs) with enterprise-grade acceleration, the models offer roughly 50% faster throughput than industry averages in their class.
· Up to 190 gigabits per second (Gbps) firewall throughput
· Up to 141 Gbps Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) virtual private network (VPN) throughput
· Up to 93 Gbps intrusion prevention system (IPS) throughput
· Up to 76 Gbps next-generation firewall (NGFW) throughput
· Up to 34 Gbps threat protection throughput
· Up to 24 Gbps Xstream Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and TLS inspection
· Support for up to 58 million concurrent connections
· Support for up to 1.7 million new connections per second
Additional highlights include:
· Up to two times better energy efficiency than the industry average when using IPsec VPN
· High-speed connectivity with two QSFP28 ports supporting speeds of up to 100 Gbps
· High capacity, high-speed random access memory (RAM) and non-volatile memory express (NVMe) solid-state drives for improved compatibility and storage
· Unique programmable Xstream architecture delivers unmatched levels of protection, performance and visibility
o Intelligent TLS inspection guarantees industry-leading performance, flexibility and transparency in all encrypted traffic
o Deep packet inspection (DPI) engine delivers threat protection in a single streaming engine for antivirus, IPS, web, app control, and TLS inspection
o Network FastPath technology ensures automatic and policy-based intelligent offloading of trusted traffic processing at wire speed
Sophos Firewall is available for immediate purchase exclusively through Sophos’ global channel of partners and managed service providers (MSPs). It is easily managed in the cloud-native Sophos Central platform alongside other solutions, where users can oversee installations, respond to alerts and track licenses and upcoming renewal dates via a single, intuitive interface.