Mumbai: Veeam Software has announced the general availability of new Veeam Availability Suite v10. It offers next generation of data protection capabilities that increase data availability, portability and extensibility.
First introduced in 2008 as Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam’s flagship Backup solution – Veeam Availability Suite – now delivers modern file data protection for Networked Attached Storage (NAS), Multi-VM Instant Recovery to automate disaster recovery (DR) and enhanced ransomware protection.
With greater platform extensibility, data mining through APIs, and more than 150 major enhancements, Veeam has launched the industry’s most robust solution for complete data management and protection for hybrid-cloud environments.
73% of organizations are failing to meet users’ demands for uninterrupted access to applications and data, as per the 2019 Veeam Cloud Data Management Report.
Many companies are now looking to embrace cloud data management to better meet protection needs and leverage the power of their data.
Veeam has extended the solution to be both broader and deeper with more platform support and advanced capabilities enabling organizations to be in better control of their data so they can meet their most important business objectives.
“v10 is the biggest release in the history of Veeam, and the enhancements we’ve made take data protection to the next level, creating the simplest, most flexible, and most reliable solution for hybrid-cloud environments,” said Danny Allan, CTO and SVP – Product Strategy, Veeam.
Veeam Availability Suite v10 protects modern workloads at scale with broader backup capabilities, achieves increased security via immutable backups with S3 Object Lock, and empowers deeper ecosystem API integration options, enabling organizations to save time, reduce costs and exceed recovery objectives.
“We are delighted to present v10 with enhanced data management capabilities and an extensive orchestration engine to facilitate disaster recovery readiness. Based on the growing demands for modern backup and data management, v10 is built to help businesses solve their real-world IT challenges and improve operational efficiencies,” said Sandeep Bhambure, VP and MD -India & SAARC, Veeam Software.
“It enables customers to protect modern workloads at scale with greater backup support, improved security and automated air-gapped redundancy, and greater integration options while greatly reducing costs and improving recovery times for instant business agility,” added Bhambure.
“Solutions like Veeam’s latest v10 release provide organizations with the scalability needed for today and tomorrow’s workloads, with new Cloud Data Management capabilities which include faster, automated copies to object storage and the use of S3 Object Lock to ensure that data is protected against threats such as ransomware, insider threats and malicious admins,” said Henry Baltazar, Research VP – 451 Research.
Veeam Availability Suite v10 delivers new capabilities that bring simplicity, flexibility and reliability, enabling businesses to achieve the following:
- Modernize and simplify the protection of large file shares and file servers with powerful NAS backup.
- Keep business running with the next-generation Instant Recovery engine, and Multi-VM Instant Recovery for disaster recovery from massive datacenter outages.
- Simplify off-site backup and get 100% bulletproof protection from ransomware and insider threats with enhanced S3 object storage integration and immutable backups.
- Reuse backup data to find new insights and put backups to work with greater platform extensibility and simplified third-party data analysis software integration with the NEW Veeam Data Integration API.
- Broader platform and ecosystem support including new, advanced capabilities for Linux, HPE Primera and HPE StoreOnce, Nutanix AHV, PostgreSQL, MySQL and more.