New Orleans, US: Liferay, Inc., which makes software that helps companies create digital experiences on web, mobile and connected devices, today announced the release of Liferay DXP Cloud, an enterprise solution that simplifies the deployment, management and scaling of Liferay DXP with platform as a service capabilities. Liferay DXP Cloud brings the benefits of Liferay DXP to the cloud, greatly lessening the need for IT to maintain and manage their own infrastructures so they can focus on delivering new services for the business.
According to Forrester, “In 2018, we’ll cross the significant 50% adoption milestone, and cloud applications, platforms, and services will continue to radically change the way enterprises compete for customers.” Liferay DXP Cloud helps organizations increase agility and respond more quickly to customer needs by bringing Liferay DXP to a cloud platform complete with autoscaling features, development tools, environments, monitoring and much more to accelerate innovation and reduce time-to-market.
“We developed Liferay DXP Cloud because we realized there was a need among enterprise customers to make cloud deployments easier, speed up the development process and deliver business solutions faster,” said Eduardo Lundgren, Engineering Director – Liferay. “Liferay DXP Cloud is a complete platform to enable innovation, simplify infrastructure and ensure faster time-to-market.”
Using Liferay DXP Cloud, IT departments are able to reduce costs by leveraging deployment best practices and simplifying infrastructure management. Liferay DXP Cloud was developed with input from Liferay’s internal consultants and service providers to account for best practices learned over thousands of Liferay DXP deployments in a wide variety of scenarios. The solution empowers IT to do more with less by delivering permissioning functionality out-of-the-box, supporting the development of fault tolerance processes, dynamically scaling to meet traffic peaks and delivering detailed application and infrastructure performance metrics. Liferay DXP Cloud also offers the option to restrict access to services, encrypts data between services and browsers and provides automatic backup and restore functionality so that organizations can enjoy peace of mind knowing that critical data will not be lost.
“DevOps is being asked to do more and do it faster at a time when IT budgets remain largely flat,” said Fernando Areias, Business Director – Liferay. “The status quo is simply unsustainable. IT can focus on either quickly responding to business needs and delivering value to customers, or on managing complex deployment environments, but it’s quite challenging to do both. With Liferay DXP Cloud, customers receive the benefit of Liferay’s expertise built over years managing mission-critical deployments to handle underlying infrastructure maintenance so they can focus on what matters: delivering business value.”
● Autoscaling: Dynamically scale up bandwidth and compute capacity to maintain steady performance through traffic peaks. Liferay DXP Cloud helps IT teams automatically address unexpected traffic flows in order to avoid service disruptions and to manually downscale resources that are no longer needed. Teams receive automatic notifications and email alerts regarding instance usage so they can manage resources with confidence.
● Governance: Administrators are empowered to deliver maximum productivity and security by easily adding or removing people from teams and managing permissions within each project environment. With Liferay DXP Cloud there is no need to develop and deploy a separate permissioning tool to fit your organization’s DevOps workflow; this functionality is delivered out-of-the-box.
● High Availability: Deliver high availability, zero downtime deployments to ensure that mission-critical sites stay online. Liferay DXP Cloud supports the creation of fault tolerance processes to meet organizations’ unique needs and detect and repair common server problems as they occur. This helps prevent small programming errors from accumulating and causing a server crash, without the need to allocate additional resources to do so.
● Monitoring: Liferay DXP Cloud delivers detailed performance metrics so IT teams can understand the health and compute requirements of their sites over time. Out-of the-box integration with Dynatrace application monitoring allows administrators to quickly understand CPU and memory usage, data transfer rates and more, with custom dashboards tailored to Liferay DXP.
● Application Management: Administrators can also keep track of application performance with real-time build and deployment logs. DevOps teams are able to analyze stack trace and troubleshoot bugs from their web console and command-line interface or download the logs for use in their preferred tools.
● Backup and Recovery: Liferay DXP Cloud provides automatic, secure backups to ensure that organizational data and documents are constantly protected and ready for restoration in case of critical data corruption or failure. Encryption at rest ensures that sensitive data saved on disks is not readable by any user or application without a valid key. Liferay DXP Cloud delivers data through multi-region architecture to ensure high availability.
● Security: By leveraging Liferay DXP Cloud, IT teams can choose between having a service accessible to the public or restricting access to a project’s private network. Services may then communicate securely via hostname within a private network. HTTPS extension encrypts data sent between servers and browsers and generates SSL certificates and their renewals automatically. It’s worth noting that many countries require that at least certain types of data on their citizens be stored within their borders.
Liferay DXP Cloud may also be expanded with additional functionality, including Liferay Enterprise Search, which offers an encrypted and authenticated connection between Liferay DXP Cloud and Elasticsearch plus consolidated end-to-end support for both Liferay and Elastic components.