Mumbai: Linksys, the connected home division within newly merged Belkin International and Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) entity, has announced the launch of the Linksys MR8300 Max-Stream Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi AC2200 router in India.
The MR8300 is a high-performance router that delivers up to 2.2 Gbps of superior speed and is ideal for homes that require massive bandwidth for 4k entertainment and peak mobile gaming. The router is powered by a 716 MHz quad-core processor that improves overall network performance for faster wired, wireless and WAN to LAN speeds.
In a Tolly benchmark test, the MR8300 performed at least 71% better than competition routers in a real-world congested environment consisting of six gaming cell phone clients and another 21 active (and idle) devices that were connected to the test routers. MR8300 achieved an average ping-time of 7.3ms against other competitor routers while heavily loaded with mobile gaming clients and background application traffic. For entertainment, MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology also work to ensure that high-performing devices – like smart TVs, laptops and phones – can connect to the Internet through faster and dedicated WiFi channels.
“The Linksys MR8300 (AC 2200 Tri Band Mesh) Gaming Router has been specially designed to cater to the rapidly growing online gaming industry, especially in India, where the gaming population is witnessing growth. We all are aware that poor network connectivity or constant buffering can highly impact a person’s gaming experience. Hence, our objective is to offer a product that not only provides efficient throughput but also wide coverage. Its easy app installation makes it the ideal product for a mobile gamer of any age,” said Kartik Bakshi, Country Manager, Linksys India.
“Asia Pacific accounts for an impressive 47% share of the global mobile gaming market and is set to generate over $72.2 billion by the end of 2019. With this number only set to grow yearly, Linksys is poised to deliver networking solutions that match consumer demands,” said Jenny Ng, GM – Asia, Linksys. “The MR8300 is a hybrid router that combines high-performance features from our Max-Stream series with the Intelligent Mesh of the award-winning Linksys Velop Mesh WiFi System that has been well-received globally.”
- Enjoying seamless roaming while mobile gaming over Linksys Intelligent Mesh Technology
- The Linksys MR8300 router is built with Linksys Intelligent Mesh Technology, and users have the flexibility to grow the WiFi coverage in their homes by adding Velop nodes to the system.
- Self-Organise – The MR8300 and Velop nodes work together to cover any floor plan and Wi-Fi footprint
- Self-Optimise – Wi-Fi bands and channels adjust based on your WiFi habits
- Self-Healing – If a node loses power or connection to the system, the remaining nodes re-establish connections to each other and the internet
- One Network – Supports one network name and password, one admin login, one interface for management and monitoring, and one guest network for the whole home
Seamless Roaming for whole home gaming – When you add one or more Velop nodes to the MR8300, they will communicate with each other to form a single, unified wireless network.
The MR8300 AC2200 Router features a robust set of advanced offerings:
The MR8300 max-stream tri-band mesh Wi-Fi AC2200 router is now available at the recommended retail price of Rs 19,999/- via the Linksys national distributor RP Tech in India. Customers can buy the router online via Amazon.in or offline via Linksys authorized channel partners.
To mark the launch, the MR8300 will be sold at a promotional price of Rs 15,999.